Before finalizing the name of your Arizona LLC, you will want to make sure the name meets all of the state requirements such as the correct usage of the entity designator, the name doesn’t include certain restricted words, and is distinguishable from other registered names.
The LLC name must contain the words “limited liability company” or “limited company” or the abbreviations “L.L.C.”, “L.C.”, “LLC” or “LC”, in uppercase or lowercase letters.
The LLC name may not contain the words “association”, “corporation” or “incorporated” or an abbreviation of these words.
Other words that are not allowed in the LLC name include “bank”, “deposit”, “credit union”, “trust” or “trust company” separately or in combination to indicate or convey the idea that the limited liability company is engaged in banking, credit union or trust business unless the limited liability company is to be and becomes actively and substantially engaged in the banking, credit union or trust business or the limited liability company is a holding company holding substantial interest in companies actively and substantially engaged in the banking, credit union or trust business.
The name of the LLC must be distinguishable from:
- The corporate name of a corporation incorporated in this state or a foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this Arizona.
- A corporate name reserved under section 10-402 or registered under section 10-403.
- A fictitious name adopted by a foreign corporation under section 10-1506.
- The corporate name of a nonprofit corporation incorporated in this state or a foreign nonprofit or not for profit corporation authorized to conduct affairs in Arizona.
- The partnership name of a limited partnership organized and registered under the laws of this state or of a foreign limited partnership authorized to transact business in Arizona.
- The name of a limited liability company organized in this state or a foreign limited liability company authorized to transact business in Arizona.
- A trade name registered pursuant to title 44, chapter 10, article 3.1.
- The name of a registered limited liability partnership organized in this state or a foreign limited liability partnership authorized to transact business in this state.