Our work is reader-supported, meaning that we may earn a commission from the products and services mentioned.

How to File a West Virginia Annual Report

How to File a West Virginia Annual Report

Affiliate Disclosure


How to File a West Virginia Annual Report

One of the requirements of maintaining a Limited Liability Company (LLC) or corporation in West Virginia is filing an Annual Report. The Annual Report is used to confirm and update the information of a registered business entity each year with the West Virginia Secretary of State.

How to File a West Virginia Annual Report

The Annual Report can be filed by mail, in-person or online through the West Virginia Secretary of State’s One Stop Business Portal.

The report asks for information such as:

  • Legal name of the entity
  • Principal office mailing address
  • Charter Number – Find your Secretary of State’s Charter Number, click “Information Summary”
  • Contact information of the Registered Agent
  • Number of employees and how many are West Virginia residents
  • Name and address of the officers, directors, members, and/or managers

If mailing, send to:
West Virginia One Stop Business Center
1615 Washington St. East
Charleston WV 25311

Online filings will be charged a $1 convenience fee.

Filings can be made in person at one of the Secretary of State’s Office locations in either Charleston, Clarksburg, or Martinsburg.

West Virginia Annual Report Fee

The Annual Report filing fee for either the Corporation or LLC in West Virginia is $25.

Annual Report Due Date

The Annual Report deadline is July 1st each year.

The first annual report isn’t due until the year following formation. For example, if your LLC or Corporation was formed on January 31st, 2020, the first Annual Report will be due July 1st, 2021.

The Secretary of State’s office emails a reminder in advance of the Annual Report due date. Even though a reminder is sent, it’s important to make an additional reminder for yourself should you not receive it.


Annual Report Filing Service

If you would rather use a service that guarantees the annual report is filed on-time, check out the annual report filing service through Northwest


My business made little or no money. Do I still have to file the Annual Report?

Even if your West Virginia LLC or Corporation received no income or had no business activity, the Annual Report is still required to be filed.

What happens if you don’t file the Annual Report on time?

If the company’s Annual Report isn’t filed on time, a $75 late fee penalty will be assessed. If the report isn’t filed within 60 days of the due date, the entity will face administrative dissolution or revocation by the Secretary of State.


West Virginia Secretary of State Contact Information

West Virginia Secretary of State
Corporations Division
1615 East Washington Street
Charleston, WV 25311-2126

If you have questions, they can be contacted at 304)356-2654 or business@wvsos.gov.

How to File a West Virginia Annual Report

How to File a West Virginia Annual Report

Greg Bouhl

Greg Bouhl

Welcome! My name is Greg Bouhl, and I am a serial entrepreneur, educator, business advisor, and investor.

StartingYourBusiness.com is here because of the many clients I worked with who made decisions based on inaccurate and outdated information.

Starting a business is hard, but here you will find the practical tools, resources, and insider tips to help you successfully start a business.

If there is a question about starting a business or help finding a resource, I'm here to help!

Follow on LinkedIn

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Many (but not all) of the links on StartingYourBusiness.com are affiliate links. This means that a special tracking code is used and that we may make a small commission on the sale of an item if you purchase through one of these links. The price of the item is the same for you whether it is an affiliate link or not, and using affiliate links helps us to maintain this website.

StartingYourBusiness.com is also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Our mission is to help businesses start and promoting inferior products and services doesn’t serve that mission. We keep the opinions fair and balanced and not let the commissions influence our opinions.